View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn2803 View Post
Mike,

Congrats again on the addition of REL 212 SEs. Tell me more about how they blend with your 802D3

I also want to add a pair of RELs subs (in the process of finishing the HT build on the 2nd floor), and am considering the 212, 812, or the Carbon special which is supposed to be very good as it borrows some of the components from their high-end subs such as no. 25.

Best,
Thanh
I was able to get a good price on the REL212SE subs so I ended up buying two as that was what I really wanted in order to integrate them better as well as to work right with my Mcintosh 501 mono amps.

I was over thinking the sub integration process. When I finally got them out of the boxes and put in position where they would sit it was a really easy process of adjusting them.

Now when I listen to various programs the subs really help tremendously. I was listening to some music over the weekend and fairly loudly and was checking me meters. They were registering much lower than I would have thought based upon the volume. The subs were filling in the sound with each and very naturally..

I was probably not really describing it that well, but the room will dictate how you have your settings, but overall it was MUCH easier than I thought.

I am VERY happy that I got the pair of subs. They sound great with my 802D3 speakers.