View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 04:15 PM

Smile NW Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Ah, that’s clearer. I can’t comment on used, but if you want to buy new, there are some nice tables that won’t disappoint in your price range from Rega, Pro-ject, VPI and others. I bought my son a Rega Planar 3 for his birthday last year and he’s quite happy with it. Setup is simple, no tweaking required, and it makes nice tunes for $1100 including cartridge, and you can always upgrade the cartridge. That would leave you a few hundred bucks for a nice used record cleaning machine from VPI or Nitty Gritty.
Tony..... Back in the 90s, the Mrs and I used to fly into a given airport, rent a car and tour the adjacent area(s). On one of those trips, we drove up to Seattle and, unfortunately, ran into a bit of traffic-related trouble that made staying there unpleasant for us....but, instead of continuing on to your part of the state, we made a trip around the peninsula. Regardless, I recall seeing some of the Cascade peaks up there, as we drove in and out of Seattle, and I've always wanted to get back up there someday. Too bad it's so friggin' far away from us.

Regardless, thanks for the encouraging words about decent turntables that don't require a second mortgage.

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections