View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 06:50 PM

"With all due respect to Alex, whom I know personally fairly well, AFAIK, he doesn't have first-hand experience connecting ER's dedicated ground terminal to an Altaira."

Exactly what he said, but the reason I mentioned it was for some of us who cannot afford to spend $10K on grounding. While I do not doubt for one second that Alteria will improve the SQ, it is not a definite requirement to purchase the system right away. I daisy chained my grounds until I demo the Altaria, which according to Alex is not the way he suggests, which is to electrically isolate the EtherRegen by using only the ground in the power supply. He did not say anything about using the ground post to improve the SQ.

There are dealers with "Demo Kits" available to try out the Alteria system. I was not aware of this until the audio show in Tampa last weekend.
That is why I said "YMMV" because while some may have small gains by manufacturing their own ground, some may have huge gains by purchasing the Shunyata system and vise-versa.