Antwerp Philharmonic, Léonce Gras
BRTN Philharmonic Orchestra
, Hans Rotman
Moscow Symphony Orchestra
, Frédéric Devreese
Belgian National Radio Symphony Orchestra
, Franz André
via Qobuz

Another fine release from this week on Qobuz.
Quite a few from Belgium and the Netherlands this week I see.

I had not listened a lot to this composer before, so it's good to have all his symphonies to compare.
I'm going to listen again.
Interesting music.

The Belgian composer, Marcel Poot, was one of the most striking musical figures of his time, with a spicy compositional style that exemplified his zest for life. His cycle of seven symphonies, the earliest of which show the influence of Ravel, Stravinsky and jazz, reveal a clear preference for Classical balance and non-programmatic form. Predominantly tonal, the symphonies are notable for their rhythmic energy, colourful orchestration and lyricism. Symphonies Nos. 1 and 4–7 are first recordings. © Naxos
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 05-16-2021 at 07:56 AM.