View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWH View Post
Thanks Peter, I have been using the USB & SPDIF so I'm not sure that cables are the issue. I plan to do some tinkering this weekend before I do any critical comparisons.

I have read that Zu Audio recommend an extensive "warm-up" period even for their speakers (cross over networks are electrical circuits). They noted that shipping during winter months can effect this period as well.

My particular unit shipped UPS Ground from CA to SC so it spent almost a week on the road and, presumably, in some cold weather. Significant? I don't know but the range of experiences and opinions on how long it takes the Yggy to settle in are diverse.

Good listening. My experience has been that Yggy is far from strident or forward so I’m very interested in your impressions. I’d note that adding a Shunyata Diamondback power cord made a positive difference.

I’ve also found that the Yggy likes a little ‘social distancing’ and so I have mine isolated a bit and not near any other gear.

Tom
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v