View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 08:01 AM

@DVass13 thank you for the reply my setup is great the HD's are wonderful the clarity separation etc are astounding-- Dire Straits the Dead etc are like I never heard them before.
They are especially good with acoustic classical and movie themes-thought they were a bit 'harsh' with certain hard rock stuff but I think the determining factor is the source recording itself --my ripped cd's and dvd-a's don't sound as good ie harsh on some recordings as the actual cd's sacds dvd-a played through one the changers or as good as my self made 800+ playlists from TIDAL/Qobuz
Have played with the toggle switches on the back of speakers for bass and treble gain haven't made up my mind if they make much difference-my living room is odd shaped and I think 'bright' and haven't decoded on speaker height wall distance etc.Right now they are 3" off the floor on wooden blocks on heavy oriental scatter rugs and they are as good sounding as when i had them 20" high.
I waited almost 15 years for these speakers and in my opinion are fantastic buys-I bought mine through a dealer in vestal ny (associated with the mcintosh facility in binghamton ny) the list price was $1795 AudioClassics gave me 200$ off saved the NYS tax. The Schiit Ragnarok 2 is definitely a difference maker for the speakers as is the DAC. And like I said the amp is a superb headphone amp.
thanks for the reply bobbmd
@Puma Cat: thanks for the reply