View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbmd View Post
@Puma Cat and all others who responded to my query: I have been in possession of the Yggdrasil GS and Ragnarok 2 just the amp mated with a pair of Legacy Audio Studio HD monitors for a little more than a week.
The Dac is superb,the amp same and is one Schiitfull of a headphone amp.
The DAC is GEN5USB out to the amp for TIDAL/Qobuz/ROON/Audirvana.
Have 'unretired' a Yamaha c750 dvd/dvd-a/sacd/cd changer RCA out to the amp and a Harman/Kardon HDCD fl8370 changer coaxial out to the DAC.
Have an ME2 speaker RCA out to the amp.
have digital optical out from my cablebox to the DAC
My world is complete-- Jerry and the boys never sounded so GOOD- clear open separated(so to speak)-- especially via Sennheiser HD598s and RS-195s and those speakers are no slouches either.
thanks again US Blues!
How do you like the Studio HDs with that setup? I used to run an Yggdrasil v1 into an original Ragnarok to power headphones and a pair of KEF LS50s. The combination was good, but I felt the KEFs were better when I added a dedicated power amp. I'm curious how you like the Studio HDs in general and what you think of the setup. I was toying with the idea of picking up a pair of those for my smaller 2-channel system but I haven't found any good deals on a pair yet.

Headphone rig: Gustard X16, Topping A90, Hifiman HE6se, Audeze LCD2
2-Channel setup: Okto Research DAC8 Stereo, Bryston 4Bł, Philharmonic Audio BMR Towers, Dual PSA S152 subs