View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 01:51 PM

Default New interface for 3.14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike175gr View Post
I am considering buying a BDA-3.14 but was concerned about the interface issue. I was going to reply on Roon (though I have never used it) Will it be top quality, or is there something better to use with the BDA?

As always, software should determine hardware, not the reverse. Decide on what streaming services you are going to subscribe to and what interface you want to run before buying anything.

In terms of sound quality, Bryston’s Manic Moose, Roon, and apps like Rigelian should all be identical given the same input files. They are just wrappers or clients of the Linux services embedded in the BDP (which are bit perfect).

Roon has the added benefit of being able to extract 24/96 from Tidal but costs more. It is the only software I know of that can do this with a Bryston player (because the player itself cannot). All the BDP are Roon certified, as are many other brands of network players.

My main gripe with Manic Moose is navigating network files and streaming libraries is painful. Rigelian helps with files, but not streaming. We can hope Bryston are going to implement Tidal Connect or similar application interface in their upcoming software.

Last edited by AVfile; 03-10-2021 at 02:03 PM.