View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentlfly View Post
my other thought was to add a pair of subwoofers(REL carbon specials or jl audio fathoms) and keep mc462 to hear and feel the difference before upgrading amp's. seems like consensus is that upgrading to 611's will be marginal; upgrading to 1.25 amazing. and with either amps subs may still add a lot to the music. thought?

ed
Hi,
I have recently added a pair of REL Carbon Specials. The improvement is incredible! Prior to having the RELs, I have always thought the 802D3 are up to the task of producing bass. The addition of RELs brings the whole experience to the next level (music and movies). This is by far the best upgrade I have ever purchased for my system. If you have the chance, go listen to a properly set up RELs, you will be amazed
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.