View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
The side looks good, I quite get that, with very good flow, door handles and even
the wheels, but I'm not into that front -- too much emphasis around that one logo.
I also have issues with the mirrors, sometimes these new ideas take time to sink in.
Overall, okay-ish, the proportions are nice, it looks very wide and low, taking
inspiration from the Tesla S.
There is no iCar yet. That drawing is nothing more than a fantasy and an artist's creative rendering.

Apple is however seriously looking to get into the market and the rumor has been circulating for years. The fact that they are talking to KIA and are getting "close" to signing a contract is not a guarantee that will happen either. It may be KIA, it may be some else but it sounds like Apple is on the path to make it happen.

The software will be provided by Apple so I would imagine most of the user interfaces, while the rest of the car will be assembled by an automaker. How much say each company will have is hard to predict but I doubt Apple will get into bed with any product that is less than stellar given their approach to every other product they offer.

The "fully autonomous" part tells me it will be some time before the iCar comes to the market. The autonomy part is not quite set in stone as far as local regulations and federal guidance. Every state will differ. Some may require that autonomy part be engaged/disengaged by the operator and that does not go with a "steering wheel free, fully autonomous vehicle"....

Last edited by PHC1; 02-08-2021 at 11:39 AM.