View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
David, I am in awe of your library as well as j3brow's. I mainly use a Silenzio server (custom built by our own E ) using a 12 TB Synology NAS for storage and feeding an Esoteric K-01 via USB. I also use a Sonos for internet radio and Deezer feeding a Wyred 4 Sound Remedy (reclocker) which in turn feeds into the K-01 via digital coaxial cable. On occasion, I spin a SACD in the K-01's tray. I also have a modest vinyl rig - ClearAudio Concept with a moving coil cartridge. My musical horizon is narrower than yours - 60's and 70's rock, most jazz, and baroque and romantic classical.
Ooooh! Synology, good stuff and great reputation. K-01 is a rock star player. Wow! You gotta be lov'n that spinner. I'm all for 70s rock and inherited all my dads late 60s and 70s vinyl all in mint condition. Talk about lucky. Thanks Dad!

As for narrow & broad music tastes. I have my dad and mum to thank. While my Dad was playing The Who, Hendrix, Zep, ACDC [rocker dude] and everything else. My mum was playing the avant-garde such as african, pop, soul, new wave, alternative music, new age, such as Kitaro, Kraftwerk <=not new age, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, Earth Wind Fire, Teena Marie, etc. So, I grew up with a palette of flexibility, which I am glad. I have super kewl parents and as I grew up, became my awesome best of friends.