View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 PM

I've had the original Performance with Satisfy carbon tonearm for a couple years. The AC motor was improved when I added the Syncro speed controller. On my Core Audio rack I've had no footfall issues. But the floor of my music room, in the room over my garage, seems particularly robust, so I can't say the rack is what is preventing footfalls. Plus the Satisfy arm has different bearings than Clarify. And my Benz Ruby3 tracks at a couple grams+; I suppose a lighter tracking cartridge might be more prone to bouncing about?

Overall I've been very happy with the table. It spins absolutely dead quiet on the ceramic magnetic bearing. I ca't say I've heard any noise associated with the platter spinning. Perhaps the POM platter is more inert than the acrylic, but with the POM you could never get the nifty effect of the red LED light shining through the platter which creates a nice glow of the whole platter. My dealer (who did not sell me the table or cartridge), when he came by to setup my Sashas, commented how great the table sounded. No doubt some of that is attributed to the fact I paid more for the cartridge than the table, but also speaks to the table being able to serve that level of cartridge very well. I think ceramic bearing technology has had a great impact when used in, dare I say, lower end tables. It certainly works great in higher end table, so the trickle down here has been a genuine benefit.

(I'll be posting said table, less cartridge, in the marketplace as soon as my new AMG table comes in.)

Last edited by Bobvin; 03-15-2013 at 07:41 PM.