View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
I thought of something, and am mulling it over. I have a pair of Gen 5 Super connecting preamp and power amps. I could use that to do an in-home audition of sorts by putting a pair of Plus on the pre/power connection and putting the Super on my main sources and see what that does. I never heard from the dealer (just as well), so we'll see if my makeshift audition idea gains traction and, if I follow through, yields anything.
I think you need a new dealer, or maybe an email or phone call to Transparent about demo and/or return policies if you buy direct. My dealer was very quick to offer me home demos of Transparent cables, and he had Transparent send an extra pair or two of demo cables as part of this. Keep in mind that both the dealer and Transparent are selling a very high margin product--service should be excellent.

To your specific question--I'm not quite sure if the trial you propose is right, it sounds like you'd be changing two sets of interconnects at once. I would keep your Supers where they are, swap in a demo set of Supers from the source to the pre, and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck!