View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Did you move up from Plus? I had an in-store Gen 5 comparison with Plus and Super IC, and the difference didn't seem that big. The Super was a bit more dynamic, perhaps. But, it was unfamiliar equipment, so that may have skewed things. I do have Gen 6 Plus speaker cable and like it. Gen 6 may be a different beast, though. I also compared Gen 5 Plus speaker cable to Kimber 12TC, and preferred the Plus by a hair. Other than being a bit smoother on top, the Plus sounded the same as the Kimber to me. I remain curious about the Super, though I can't go there right now.
I upgraded from Plus to Super a year or two ago and I was stunned by the improvement--lower noise flor, better detail. But i'm not too surprised in was hard to tell in the store on unfamiliar gear. Maybe borrow some cables from your dealer for a few days at home?