View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
I think it is the first step in the Wilson method to align the drivers correctly, in my view it should not be that difficult to get the bubble perfectly centered. It has nothing to do with the sweet spot in my opinion.
It is important to get the drivers phase aligned as good as possible to have the best performance of the speakers.
As I mentioned I believe the bubble is well centered. There is no way to obtain a perfect straight down shot to eliminate skew. The other thing is that the level structure is magnified considerably by the camera. The circle is quite small, smaller than it appears, and the bubble even smaller. I think you would need a different method to achieve a more perfect levelness.

The speakers are quite level with respect to the floor and with each other. Either the floor is slightly out of level or there is skew, as I have mentioned. The very first pic taken from the rear show the effect of skew. The other issue is the levelness of the sofa and the floor between the floor and sofa. To me levelness is relative. That's why I asked the question: Is it level? What is your reference? It's a complicated matter. I think Wilson put the circle there for a reason. They didn't have to. I think the goals are to get the bubble within the circle, for the speakers to be level with respect to the floor and with each other, and to be rock solid on the floor, i.e., zero jiggle. Most speakers don't come with a level. Does anyone know of another speaker that comes with a built-in level?

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 08-02-2021 at 11:55 PM.