View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 09:36 PM

Default AV Separates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
I know it is hard to disabuse one's self of personal experience but our individual personal experience is anecdotal and not statistical. Personal comfort is real. I have been using Marantz prepros for a while and have not had any disappointments. That said, I am not a HT guy.

My comments about many are in my MITR column at stereophile.com. I suggest you look at Marantz, NAD and Anthem in the medium price range and Trinnov, Storm and Bryston as a step above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -E- View Post
I'll second Kal with Marantz. They are the Denon+ Mc- of PrePros... The McPrePros are basically all Marantz's anyhow. Excellent QPR.

Bryston PrePro totally different league, but the price tag shows you that. And if you want room correction you're in the 5-figure range.
Are you two referring to what Marantz calls their "AV Separates"? As in, the AVXXXX and the MMXXXX equipment?

If so, would you mind telling me the difference(s) between AV and MM?

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections