View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thase13 View Post
There are so many vague or subjective references ("best/optimal", "some people", "they can be tough to get sounding their best") in your question that I'm not sure how to answer. All I can say is that my experience was trouble free, my system set up with relative ease, and that I'm quite satisfied with the end results.

Of course, I can only speak for myself and everyone else's mileage may vary.
JBags,

I just came back to this thread and realized that I came off sounding a bit harsh in my earlier reply. It was purely unintentional and I apologize.

What I was trying to say is that "best/optimal" is pretty much in the eye of the beholder so what sounds best/optimal to me, might be perceived otherwise by someone else listening to my system. Regarding the "some people" part of the question, that part is pretty generic and hard to interpret - much like "they say" or "everyone agrees". I hope you understand my dilemma - there's simply not enough detail there to formulate any type of helpful response. Finally, "they can be tough to get to sound their best" could apply to any/all speakers when all of the other independent variables are left undefined. I would imagine Magico to be no different when matched with non-complimentary equipment.

Consequently, not knowing how to address the open-ended statement attached to the back end of your question I chose to answer the former by relating that I had no difficulty coaxing a sound that pleases me out of my pairing of my Magico M3s to my Constellation Audio separates while acknowledging that others might audition my system and determine that it's not their cup of tea.

Again, I apologize for the impertinent tone in my "vague and subjective" response to your question. It was not my intention to come off sounding so coarse.
Analog System: TechDAS Air Force Two Premium; SAT Gen 1 9" Tonearm; Air Tight Opus 1; Constellation Virgo III; Constellation Perseus; Constellation Performance DC Filters; Constellation Centaur II 500 Stereo; Magico M3 w/MPODs; Kubala-Sosna Sensation; Shunyata Everest 8000, Shunyata Sigma NR; Artesania Exoteryc 3+3 Rack w/Artesania/TechDAS Air Force Two Platform; Artesania Aire Floor Platform; Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200; Clearaudio Double Matrix Professional Sonic; DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer

Digital System: Roon Nucleus+; Woo Audio WA 33; MSB Premier; MSB Digital Director; Hifiman Susvara; Focal Utopia; Danacables Lazuli Nirvana, Sablon Audio RJ45; Cardas Clear Beyond; Shunyata Denali

Desktop system: Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition; Meze Audio Elite; PlusSound X8 Palladium Plated Hybrid; Triode Wire Labs RJ45