View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
I'm more off the deep end than I thought. I keep coming back to these Transparent power cords and wonder if they'd make any difference on my MC501s: High Performance and Premium. This is curiosity more than anything, as it's not about sound, and I certainly don't need to buy anything. I need to start watching my discretionary spending more. But, since I have Transparent Plus ICs from preamp to power amp, perhaps it would make theoretical sense? The Premium PC and Plus IC are in the same family. Or Kimber PK10 Ascent PCs, since I have 12TC speaker cable? On the other hand, all PCs

are Wireworld currently, so is that consistency preferable? I think my sense of completeness is showing. Perhaps, unless someone has experience with these Transparents or the Kimber to share, especially in comparison, I should let this go (if I can; so far the answer is no). I can see how all this audio stuff can become a hobby. And if one isn't careful, an obsession . . .
The other option to consider is the previous generation mm2 reference power cord. Since transparent released the new G5 reference cables, the mm2 can be had for around $600. While not as good as the new G5 reference they are an awesome value. I purchased one and felt it was a noticeable upgrade from my power link premium.