View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Can anyone recommend decent budget power cord to replace the factory one on my mcintosh mx150 and mc205? Thanks!
The term "budget" may mean different things to different people, but based on my concept of the term there are several options.

Despite my writing about their less-than-tight IEC connections in another thread, Wireworld makes good power cords at reasonable prices, notably the Stratus, Aurora, and Electra. There are the Shunyata Venom and Venom HC. Transparent makes the Performance PowerLink and High Performance PowerLink. And there's Kimber's PowerKord 10 Base and Ascent.

All the above are under $500, some are well under. These are for 2m lengths (6 feet in the Kimber's case).
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks