View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
You made me go look, thinking the Sopra line had been 'up-graded' to Evo status. Am guessing you are getting Utopia Evo rather than Sopra. Any Evo should be an outstanding match with your new MC3500 amps.

When I auditioned the Sopra 3s pre-covid the system was set up with a pair of Utopia Evo speakers. I listened to them for about 30 minutes before the shop could switch to the Sopra 3s. There was no way I could own the Sopra after having heard the Evo. It was a big difference.
Apologies: Scala Evo. No idea why I typed Sopra. I haven’t ever heard them. Was on a conference call and not paying full attention when I typed. Maestros were too big. Magico M2 also sounded sublime but huge jump in price over the Scalas. Of course some M2s became available at a reasonable price on Audio Mart after my Scalas came in.

I had heard so many good things about Sonus Faber Amati Traditions and Serafinas with Mac gear that inwas sure that that was what i was going to get, but they sounded really closed up compared to the Scalas and the M2s. I wanted to dislike the Scalas the most and like either SF the most based on aesthetics, but it turned out just the opposite. I did not like the way the Focals looked, but their sound was amazing.