View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 06:42 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macuser View Post
I'm thinking I'd be getting to the bottom of that situation sooner rather than later. Loose power cords possibly arcing and shutting components down is bad news. Hopefully you get that issue squared away before it causes a much more serious issue.
Yes. In fact, I was behind the system taking out some interconnects and later putting in the new ones to replace them on Saturday. That's probably when the "dislodge" happened. When I went to turn things on Sunday, I didn't notice the IT-Ref wasn't lit up and wondered what was up when my BD player didn't come on. Quick troubleshooting revealed the problem.

The moral may be that if I go behind the system to do anything, check the PC connections when I'm done, especially for the IT-Ref. Maybe better PC management would help, too.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks