View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 10:11 PM

Default Let's see your turntable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Yes, though I would have someone who knows what they are doing check out the stylus to insure its in good shape. A bad one will literally 'eat' your records.
At that price you can always get your money back (or more).
Where are you and the TT located? Might be able to recommend someone to look at it for you.

I agree with Glenn, it’s worth it but the cartridge should be checked out. It also looks like you’ll be doing some refurbishing, but the fact that the original packaging and accessories are there, including the duster, VTF balance, and alignment card, is encouraging. Also it looks like a walnut veneer base, much nicer than the later vinyl-wrapped. You can probably expect to do some work on it, but it’s worth it.

A motor replacement is often a good idea (easily done), and you can purchase some parts like springs from vinylnirvana.com and of course eBay. Also I have a partial table left over from a restoration I did a few years ago that might provide you some useful parts if you find you’re looking for anything.

Have fun.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2

Last edited by Antonmb; 12-21-2021 at 12:44 PM.