View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 04:40 PM
Semi-audiophile

Another episode occurred yesterday, as I put on one of my "demo" CDs, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performing an Aaron Copland program. What stood out was the audible increase in decay at the end of notes, and some low-level detail in spots which I don't remember hearing before.

Again, though I'm attributing this to the Venom v10s, I can't be sure the Transparent speaker cable isn't contributing. I've been too lazy and busy (yes, the combination) to put my Venom HC cords back into the system in an attempt to determine how much the V10s are contributing to the improvements. But in the store, when comparing the Transparent Plus to my Kimber 12TC, the only thing I noticed was the Plus seemed a bit smoother on top. Unfamiliar equipment in a different room. But based on that, I know that the speaker cables sounded quite similar, so I'm still going to put most of this improvement to the V10s. They appear to be finishing what the Transparent Premiums on my components started.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks