View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 12:14 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Thanks. It’s probably two years for the new room to be built, so I’m not going to wait.

I’m not getting subs to improve the base though. I already have three 7” bass drivers in each speaker that sound amazing. Subs though help round out your room. They impact the soundstage depth and spaciousness. While I will get a lower bass response, the aforementioned reasons are more my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
With this being the plan, I'd hold off on any major new purchases until that room is ready for occupancy. Just my 2 pesos.

As far as subs are concerned, I used a pair of SVS subs back when I had a pair of Magnepan 1.7's with their anemic bass response. The subs filled in the sonic picture and made the system livable.

With these Canton's though, I have no interest in subs. All that said, I'm not a bass-head, so cracking the foundation or rattling pictures from the walls doesn't turn me on. The Canton's will do those things on bass heavy tracks. As Paul Klipsch correctly opined: We live in the midrange.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.