View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 04:39 PM
Semi-audiophile

I have been interested off and on in Sweet Vinyl's Sugar Cube series of de-clicking devices for vinyl. I have some older records that would benefit from one for sure. But having begun explorations, I've got questions.

From what I see, it appears to be designed for line stages only. I visited the website and saw a sample hookup for the Sweet Vinyl SC-1 Plus. That set-up requires a phono preamp in the chain. The TT goes into a phono preamp, then that goes into the SC-1 Plus, then the SC-1 Plus goes into the preamp line stage. I didn't see any other option. I e-mailed Sweet Vinyl on this, we'll see what they say. The C2300's built-in phono is more than adequate. My money isn't situated to where it would be wise to buy both a phono preamp and an SC-1 Plus. It's either or neither.

If anyone is using a Sweet Vinyl unit with a built-in phono stage, feel free to chime in with your thoughts. Thanks.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 02-13-2022 at 04:42 PM.