View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crion2 View Post
I run the Alpha clock v2 75ohm to my ER/10MHz OCXO. It’s great and Omega clock was not out then. Will it be better with Omega, probably. But I have lower hanging fruit in my system so priorities…
Crion2, thanks for your input on the SR clock cable for the EtherRegen. I figure it will be at least the the Sigma, I just received my Omega Ethernet today and that thing is a beast, It might end up pulling my EtherRegen off my shelf.

Maybe you or someone can answer my question about the Ethernet cables on the EtherRegen. I have read that I should only be using non metal connectors going into the A side of the EtheRegen. Going from the B side to my Roon Nucleus + it is okay to use a metal connector Ethernet cable which is my SR Omega Ethernet. Do you know if there is proof of this and will it degrade the performance of the EtherRegen.

I reached out Uptone Audio with this question and never received a definitive answer. I am using a Vernon Ethernet to my McIntosh MX 170 for IP address to use the remote for IPad. But I still need to purchase one SR Ethernet cable for my Apple TV+ 4K and I wasn’t sure if I should just order another Vernon with a plastic connector or upgrade to the a alpha or Sigma.

As always I appreciate any help on help on this matter.