View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 08:29 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lane View Post
Hi, yeah, it's a nice sized room (about 20' left to right on the fireplace wall, extending back about 30' if you include the archway onto an entrance hall).

We're definitely adding 'heavy' floor to ceiling curtains on the side windows, and material shades on the back wall. Plus a proportionate carpet and side seating to soak up more of the sound. Currently, the room has ridiculous echo - to be expected with all the hard surfaces, so I am going to reserve any judgement until I get the basics covered and have a reasonable amout of sound absorption in play.

My interconnects are Kimber Hero - I do plan to upgrade my power cords from stock to something in the Shunyata Venom line.

So as for the speaker cables, I guess looking for someything 'reasonable' considering I need about 15 feet since the amps will be in the cabinets on the RHS. And yes, complimentary to the rest of the system.

Cheers

Matt
Another idea is to get the Shunyata PCs in first, let them break in, and see how you like that. If you've been using stock cords, the Venoms will be a definite improvement; you may not even feel a need to switch out the speaker cables. I experienced something like that when I upgraded my power cords. In this scenario the only reason to go forward would be if you don't like the sound. And, a Shunyata NR would be a good move for a power conditioner if you have or get one.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks