View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
Thank you for your kind comments about LōKē's aesthetics and build quality. Daryl worked very hard to make sure LōKē wasn't just another square black box.

As you surmised Charles, LōKē is aimed at Wilson loudspeaker owners. A smaller, powered Wilson sub has been Wilson speaker owners' most requested product for some time. The LōKē was completed over a year ago and we are finally releasing it. The launch was shelved in the hopes that Wilson would be able to first cut into the lengthening delivery times caused by record sales and product deliveries in 2020 and 2021.

A bit of clarification is in order. LōKē was not designed to match TuneTot exclusively but to create a more compact sub to extend our subwoofer design philosophy down to reach our smaller models. That means everything from Sasha DAW's and all of their similar sized predecessors right back to the original WATT/Puppy and down to the TuneTot. In fact, during development, I never heard a LōKē with a TuneTot. I only heard it with SabrinaX and Sasha DAW (where it now resides in Room 3).

Bill
Bill, I'm a believer in matching Wilson speakers with Wilson subs. If I owned Magico speakers I would match them with Magico subs, etc. I believe the B&W sub and 10Hz is theoretical. I believe the quality of the sub, like its speed and ability to blend far more important than the absolute lowest usable frequency. I do recognize that many have achieved tremendous results with REL, JL, etc. and many top quality high end speakers including Wilsons.

But I'm sure Wilson has spent hundreds of hours carefully tuning Loke to Tune Tot, SabrinaX, Yvette, and Sasha DAW. This cannot be said for REL or JL. In addition Wilson has a long history of making great subs. This can be traced back to Dave Wilson who loved subwoofers

If you believe your advertising, Wilson devotes an entire page to the Tune Tot so if I owned a Tune Tot I would feel comfortable that LoKe would be totally compatible.

What is "North Star development parameters"?

Best

Charles