View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 10:01 PM

Default Need some power cord advice

In response to Willief23, what I was trying to convey as far as the sound of the Delta NR V2 was that the sound is more detailed with a slight reduction of warmth. Let me explain, With the Delta cables replacing the Cobra Zitrons, the background was much more quiet, I heard instruments more clearly, voices and midrange instruments (piano, violin etc.) are more defined now. On my ML electrostat speakers w/dual 10" woofers, the bass was, in my opinion too much with the Cobra Zitron. The Delta cables on the amp and DAC seems to have a sweeter balance between the woofers and the panels.

I could happily live with the Delta cables. I listened to my system for a couple hours last night, trying to find something to pick at. Nothing, I enjoyed listening to some of my favorite music. As I stated in my original post, I have been playing around with interconnects, and digital cables, but I never dreamed that power cords could make such a dramatic difference on the sound. I am going to replace the Delta cables with the Alpha NR V2 not because the of the Deltas sound, but as a true audiophile, I am always looking for that ultimate sound.