View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 09:01 PM

Default Need some power cord advice

Hi all, new to this forum. I have been an audiophile for 45 years or so and it still fascinates me. For years I was a nay sayer when it came to cables. I finally started using Monster interconnects, as well as speaker cable. Sounded pretty good. Played around with some others that I could afford. But when it came to power cables, I drew the line. No way a power cable is going to make my system sound better. Fast forward to 2018. Picked up some Venom 3 cables for all my components. Could hear an improvement, not huge, but it was there. Spent the last 2 years playing around with speaker cables and interconnects. Also did some tube rolling. I knew the equipment I currently have was capable of producing the sound that I was looking for. I started looking at the power end of the components and started experimenting with some older Shunyata equipment. I started with a Hydra 6 and upgraded all the cables to Venom HC.

I finally ended up purchasing a used Triton V1 with Python Ztron cable and a Cobra Ztron for the amp and DAC. When I hooked everything up and turned it on, my mouth was wide open. I had never heard a speaker cable, interconnect or tube that made such a huge improvement in the sound. Everything from top to bottom was unbelievable. So now I have the bug and so far I have tried the new Delta NR V2 in my Conrad Johnson Premier 140 amp and PS Audio Directstream DAC. The Delta's are quieter and have better transparency at the cost of a reduction in warmth. I am a midrange critic. The rest of my system consists of Martin Logan Prodigy, new panels, Melco N1Z/2 music server. I use the PS Audio DAC as my preamp volume control. I am using the new WireWorld series 8 Platinum USB cable, Interconnects are Audioquest Fire, Speaker cables are Audioquest Earth. My question is: Where would the power cable upgrade benefit the most? How much would the Alpha V2 better the Delta V2. With the Triton, is an NR PC necessary for the amp? Hope I am not confusing. All replies appreciated.

Last edited by skye; 09-09-2021 at 05:37 PM. Reason: entered wrong cable