Thread: Speaker-advice
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleboy76 View Post
Please explain why. The B100 has two 130mm kevlar-membrane midrange woofers, the B25 has one 130mm kevlar-membrane that looks exactly the same.

The B100 has two JET AMT tweeters in a horn. The B25 has one JET AMT tweeter in a horn.

Otherwise there is no comparison off course, but I guess you did not see it was a joke. But it is still an interesting thought, what would be the result of two pairs of B25 on top of eachother? Would it sound good?!
Hello and sorry if you waited some day for my reply. Too busy.

Of course I noted that you were joking, but in order to avoid any possible misunderstandind, here below you can give a look od details of the equipped mids and tw of B100's.

The B100 holds two 140 mm mid-range driver:
• Kevlar mid-range driver with extremely high load rating, modified to Burmester specifications.
• 135 mm die-cast light alloy enclosure, very rigid, magnetically non-conductive, therefore, no magnetic loss.
• Kevlar-cone diaphragm presently has the best rigidity-to-mass ratio of all known diaphragm materials with resonance-free response characteristics exceeding 3000 Hz Aluminum eddy current-free coil frame, extremely heat-resistant.

Tweeter
• Two Airmotion-JET tweeter modified to Burmester specifications, with horn construction.
• Diaphragm foil made of highly heat-resistant Kapton, therefore, extreme load stability.
• Diaphragm foils are pair-matched.
• Best motion-to-mass ratio.
• The app. 30 cm² diaphragm area is about ten times the size of conventional dome tweeters. This results in a very low crossover frequency of 2700 Hz and allows a d’Appolito configuration which guarantees very stable and transparent sonic images.
• No compression effects as with dome tweeters
• Neodym magnets with very high energy density (app. 20 times higher than comparable ferrite magnets) allow magnets of smaller size and,thus, a more streamlined design.

About the costruction of B100's is very incredible and impressive!!!

The look of mid and tw of the superb B25's are same in look only, but the substance is completely different.

P.S.: Sincere congratulations for the B25's!