View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 10:12 PM

Sorry to hijack this old thread, but I just registered and am not able to create new threads yet.

I need help with a CM10 S2 issue.

I believe I destroyed the tweeter - I was listening to music at somewhat loud levels and the tweeter just stopped working. The midrange and bass drivers are fine. I have my CM10 S2's hooked up to a McIntosh C2600 pre and ML 533H amp. I was at approximately 55 to 60% on the C2600 volume level when the tweeter on one of the CM 10 S2s gave up on me.

Is repairing the tweeter a DIY kind of thing? I was able to find the tweeter on the new B&W encompass parts site but am wondering if I should attempt the replacement myself or take it to a repair shop like Technetron in NYC.

I believe that in order to remove the existing tweeter, I will first have to remove the mid range driver.

Can someone here please advise me on how to do that? I don't want to risk damaging the speaker..

Do I need special tools to remove the metal trims bordering the midrange woofer? I have previously replaced bass drivers on my Focal Kanta speakers but that didn't require any special tools - I just used a screw driver and butter knife to gently pry the metal trims off and then unscrewed the woofers..will the same technique work with the CM 10 S2s?

Thanks in advance