Thread: 6n6p on Ref3
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
... Without entering into controversy with those who decided to close the topic on the original ARC cartoons and their costs without even giving me an explanation, I can safely say that with a quarter of that cost, anyone builds a bomb-proof one in wood and with the best possible density of foam.
One thing to consider when shipping high value audio equipment is that should there be any damage incurred in shipping, use of original factory packaging may be your salvation. The glass faceplate of my Mac MR80 once got shattered once on its way to Audio Classics for service, and the original packaging helped resolve the insurance claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
The censorship of that topic probably speaks volumes about how some sites are piloted ...
There's no censorship here. There are rules, however, which is part of how this site remains so friendly.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.