View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 06:01 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quick follow-up to the above. I went to the dealer yesterday, and listened to the Plus speaker cable. The source was a DCs streamer with a Rega (I think) CD transport. It was connected to a Mac tube integrated by Transparent Super IC. Speakers were Sonus faber, which lean to the warm side.

The Plus cable and the Kimber 12TC were pretty much neck and neck. The Plus was a bit smoother on top, which made enough of a difference for me to order it. This is consistent with previous experiences listening to Plus ICs versus Kimber Hero at home; the only real difference was the Plus being a bit smoother on top. The order is for a 6-ft, bi-wire pair. Due to demand it will be about a month before I get the Plus. I got a modest trade-in value on the 12TC, so that helps.

We tried a Super vs. Plus interconnect comparison, and other than a slight improvement in dynamics with the Super perhaps, the sound was the same.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks