Thread: Twenty5 series
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyShep View Post
Hi everyone!
I am a happy owner of twenty5 26. Very happy with the sound, really enjoy the time listening music with them, I think they are a great match with my Moon electronics. Since I have this setup, I started to discover live recordings, which were never in my focus before.
All ��, but stupid me, a few days ago I have read an article on use of subwoofers in stereo systems. They tested different configs up to 2x3 big REL woofers in addition to B&W big 800 floor standing speakers. They claimed the subs have significantly increased their presence to the actual music performance, the bass at low spl, and in particular the sound of concert tracks.
Does anyone here uses sub(s) with PMC standing speakers in a stereo config?

Thx, Andy
I have the twenty5.24i since last October and do not use a sub. I ran them with an Audio Research DSi200 (200W into 8 ohms) and the bass output is okay but my best friend and audiophile came over a few weeks ago and we hooked his Hegel H390 (250W) and my PMC were singing a completely different tune. Much more power, control and authority which left a grin on my face. Before adding a sub I would check at the amplifier level. I may be upgrading to a Bryston 4B3 for that matter.