View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma29 View Post
Today I finally ordered a pair of diffusers for my room to install right behind the 20.7s.

I got a pair of Q7d Diffusors in black finish and one 244 Bass Trap to place between the diffusers on the front wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
Carlos. Report back on the impact of the diffusers
I'm ready to report on the diffusers since I've had them up for a few days.

In a nutshell the impact of these mysterious devices on the sound of my system is remarkably positive.

Recordings I'm familiar with sound fresh and new details are revealed. I've noticed that I cannot stop listening to a piece once it gets going (and these are 60+ min symphonic pieces).

One of the main differences I notice now is that the reproduced timber of the instruments sound more realistic, more there, more vivid. This is particularly true for wind instruments such as brass and woodwinds. The difference is not huge but enough to be noticeable and to enhance my emotional connection to the music. I also notice that the diffusers create the effect that there is more space behind the speakers opening up the soundstage - pretty cool.

I've attached a couple of pictures to show the set up. The "black boxes" on the wall are the Q7d Diffusors and the red panel is the 242 Acoustic Panel with scatter plate. The latter provides both absorption and diffusion while the former are pure diffusion. To give you a sense of dimension the Q7d Diffusors measure 46 inches high and 19 inches wide.

A very nice tweak that worked out great for me. I might get a few more panels to experiment. Recommended!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DIffusers 1.jpg (81.7 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg DIffusers 2.jpg (82.7 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by cma29; 01-29-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: enlarge photos