View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Music Provides Joy

Well, I don't think the weight should be a huge consideration. They go up the stairs once and down the stairs once. With either the R1 or CR-1, you'll need help (just extra help with the CR-1). This is easy for me to say from the cheap-seats, because I won't have to help lift them. :-)

On the other hand, whether they fit the space should be a huge consideration. You are clearly the type of guy who is interested is optimal performance, not just bigger for the sake of being bigger. My vote is for the one that will perform best in the given space. Which one is that?

Listening Room (2 Channel): Vandersteen 5A speakers, Simaudio Moon Neo 400M Mono Block Amplifiers, Esoteric D-07X DAC (preamp) via Apple Mac Mini (Roon), Furman IT-Reference 20i Power Cond., Wireworld.
Listening Room (HT Portion): Vandersteen VCC-5 Center, Vandersteen VSM Signature Surrounds, JL Audio CR1 Crossover, JL Audio f110 v2 Subwoofer, Marantz SR 5010 Receiver, Wireworld

Office: KEF R500 Speakers; Sonos Amp fed by Roon
Family Room: Monitor Audio Silver RX6 speakers, McIntosh MA6600 Integrated Amplifier, Pro-Ject RME 9.1 TT w/ Sumiko Blackbird MC Cart.