View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 PM

ok, the dealer took them away... my first impressions (all to my taste room and system and music, so no one take no offense where I make comparations to other products)

these speakers are quite something. Very interesting product…

I am still impress with how accurate and rich from a tonal perspective they are… Nothing I have heard comes close in that respect. Per instance speaker costing far more, like the SF Aidas or the W. Maxx 3 are not even close to the CR1s… Is like a bad joke. The Magico Q5s are closer in this regard but the CR1s are even better.

Also transparent. Again only heard the ML CLXs coming close to them. Not even the Q5s whom are said to be the most transparent. That's why they are so unforgiving also with the recording quality of source material and with anything you add/change in the chain of reproduction.

In terms of size of stage, size of instruments, sound staging they are very good. I did not expect that. No small scenes or instruments at all. All is reproduced at the correct size/place.

Bass and dynamics also very very good. Missing the very lowest, but otherwise very defined and musical, precise and articulated.

They do sounded a bit forward in the highs, which is the only problem I have with them. I needed to experiment with positioning and, specially with cables, but did not had the time. I have as principal suspects, a pair of silver balanced interconnects I want to try and change with something else. They work great with my current speakers but may be too much with very resolving and detailed speakers like the TADs.

All in all, I think they are fantastic and probably will end up going for them.

Just wondering how the big ones may sound…. Probably too much for my room now, and may end up sounding actually worse than the small ones due to room iterations. Or maybe could it be as good as the CR1s but with the extra low bass they are missing (the CR1s per instance can do cello with no problem even lowest octaves. Double bass they do miss it a bit down there). Anyone has an input there with regard to teh R1s and min. room size?