Thread: Olympica Nova
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 09:31 AM

Default Olympica Nova

Anybody else noticed the Sonus Faber Olympica *Nova* ad in the latest Stereophile? A completely re-designed line that looks essentially like a cross of the original Olympicas and the latest Tradition line.

It's not the first time they do this, of course. The Cremonas and Cremonas M come to mind, and, of course, the "tradition" line is the fourth incarnation of the original Homage series. Not crazy about the Nova aesthetics, however, since it looks like most of the leather is now gone. I had a soft spot for the look of the original Olympicas, and I considered them the best looking SF line since the brand changed hands (yes, I think they look better than the Aida, etc... I thought the side/vertical ports looked terrific, and the leather on the top was a genius idea).

Overall, it looks like they are trying to use the new Amati as the starting point, which I assume simplifies the manufacturing/assembly process and saves on cost.

There is no mention of this revamped Olympica anywhere else, however. At least none that I could find.