View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 09:01 PM

I second what George said about checking placement, as well as sub settings.

In my room the Olympica III speakers are full sounding across the audible spectrum, and throw a good soundstage. If you’re not experiencing that then I suggest adjusting their placement first! Won’t cost you money, only time. I’m no expert so my placement is ad hoc. I make distance measurements every time I adjust placement, however, and take note of what I hear as a result.

About the subwoofer, if you have a continuously variable phase setting, it may help to play a test tone (e.g., 50hz) and adjust until you get cancellation with the Olympica speakers and sub. Then flip the phase 180. Then adjust volume down until the sub is barely perceptible. This is how I have integrated a single JL F112 v1 into my setup. I don’t even use the subwoofer’s crossover since engaging it has some impact in its sound, at least to my ears. It gets a full range signal.

Good luck! Let us know your results.

Edit: I should add that I’ve previously experienced something similar to what you described and turned out I was sitting in a spot that had some bass peaks and some bass nulls. Consider adjusting your seating placement as well, if your room allows. And if it doesn’t allow, I would consider some bass traps. This worked for me long ago when I had too much bass for my listening environment.

Last edited by r0b; 04-25-2021 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Note on bass traps.