View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi RRbiero,

Here's what I would try if I had your components and cables:

- PS10 Conditioner - Sigma NR
- ARC Ref6 Pre - Alpha NR v2 ( the newest)
- ARC Ref3 Phono - Python CXA
- ARC GS150 Amp - Sigma NR
- Wadia Si7 DAC/CD - Alpha Digital
- LPS Hypsos / Nucleus Roon - Venom NR v12
- LPS / Bergman Turntable - Alpha HC

Try these and see if you think this setup works better.

If you have the budget in the future, I'd recommend a getting Shunyata Sigma XC for your PS10 (later put it on your Everest when you get it). Then, I'd put the Sigma NR that was on he PS10 on the Ref 6 pre, and the Alpha NRv2 on the Wadia.

If down the road, you want to upgrade the PCs on the Ref 3 Phono and LPS/Bergman turntable, I'd suggest the Delta NRv2 and Venom NRv10 on these, respectively.
Really thankful for your wise advise Puma Cat.
Indeed I also thought next step should be a Sigma XC (NR v2 technology...) for the Conditioner (either PSA 10 or Everest). And I think I understand and agree with your aparent rationale putting the more recent Shunyata on the most important pieces, like conditioner (being the first on the line), the Pre, and the Power. Am I right?

Unfortunaly, I forgot to mention that both pres and power from ARC, have a C19 connector so as the cables that currently feed them. Even so, I will try to follow your optimised proposed layout, through an SR adapter for the (not so critical) LPS on the TT, and the not so easy to solve Alpha NR v2 for the Ref6 Pre...
Would it be worth to get an SR adapter C15->19 in order to put the Alpha NR v2 on the Pre Ref6?

- PS10 Conditioner (C15) - Sigma NR (C15)
- ARC Ref6 Pre (C19) - Alpha NR v2 (C15) *** Problem, adapter C15->19?? ***
- ARC GS150 Amp (C19) - Sigma NR (C19)
- Wadia Si7 DAC/CD (C15) - Alpha Digital (C15)
- Nucleus Roon / LPS Hypsos (C15) - Venom NR v12 (C15)
- ARC Ref3 Phono (C19) - Python CXA (C19)
- LPS / Bergman Turntable - Alpha HC (C19) / through adapter 19->15
Wilson Audio DAW, ARC Ref6, Ref3 Ph, ARC 160M, Wadia s7i, Nucleus+ Roon (Hypsos), Bergman Magne TT (LPS) / Lyra Delos. TA Opus g5 SC and IC, K Select Ag phono Cables, Shunyata Everest T8000 w/SR XC, Shunyata Sigma XC and NR PCs, FT-SWS outlets, Shunyata Sigma USB and Omega Ethernet, EtherRegen switch and Optical converter w/ lps, QNAP NAS w/ 120W lps. Emporium/Pagode Finite Element Racks, Herbies Rings, Sort Kones DC/TC, Ceraball, N. Gritty.