View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 06:37 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRibeiro View Post
Thanks Masterlu

Indeed I really like this forum, find it very informative, in a deep and polite way.
I find Puma Cat, Gabriel Caelin, so as many other members, pros or just audiophiles, really helpful in a friendly way rare to others pages I also follow.

Perhaps someone coud give me a tip.
I am, step by step, upgrading my Shunyata pc loom.
I already got an Alpha NR v2 that alocate to my CD/DAC Wadia S7i, one that Puma Cat knows well from their more old reviews, and ordered a Venom 12 NR that I would like some advice where it may better applied?
on the Hypsos/Nucleus Roon that is coming from the PS10?
or to feed the LPS/TT Bergman that is currently coming from a separate wall mains outlet?

- PS10 Conditioner - Sigma NR
- ARC Ref6 Pre - Sigma NR
- ARC Ref3 Phono - Python CXA
- ARC GS150 Amp - Alpha HC
- Wadia Si7 DAC/CD - Alpha NR v2 ( the newest)
- LPS Hypsos / Nucleus Roon - Alpha Digital
- LPS / Bergman Turntable - Absolute Power15 Furutech (the only not yet Shunyata
Hi RRbiero,
Given your current set of Shunyata cables, I think you've got the right cables on the component for the most part, but I think by swapping some cables around, you may get optimal performance.

Here's what I would try if I had your components and cables:

- PS10 Conditioner - Sigma NR
- ARC Ref6 Pre - Alpha NR v2 ( the newest)
- ARC Ref3 Phono - Python CXA
- ARC GS150 Amp - Sigma NR
- Wadia Si7 DAC/CD - Alpha Digital
- LPS Hypsos / Nucleus Roon - Venom NR v12
- LPS / Bergman Turntable - Alpha HC

Try these and see if you think this setup works better.

If you have the budget in the future, I'd recommend a getting Shunyata Sigma XC for your PS10 (later put it on your Everest when you get it). Then, I'd put the Sigma NR that was on he PS10 on the Ref 6 pre, and the Alpha NRv2 on the Wadia.

If down the road, you want to upgrade the PCs on the Ref 3 Phono and LPS/Bergman turntable, I'd suggest the Delta NRv2 and Venom NRv10 on these, respectively.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.