View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 07:35 PM

Simon,

I have not heard the CAMs but own a pair of super 7s and had a pair of 3 T monitors as well. I enjoy the Omega sound a lot. They got me into Single Drivers. I have Lii F15s in a ported floorstander and had a pair of Silver 6s I recently gifted to a friend in a pair of Omega Super 7 cabinets. The one thing they all have in common is the need for a bit of taming by way of a Contour Network. Along with the incredible speed and detail, and perfect phasing of a SD comes a not so flat response. You mention off axis listening. I too am not always in prime position and like to still have good sound. A CN is required for all these SDs to ‘disappear’ outside the sweet spot. All that said. Omegas are more balanced and listenable for longer periods. The Lii drivers are incredibly detailed and fast but I find them fatiguing before to long. Dennis and I are currently hooked on a backloaded enclosure based around the Fostex FE126, also tamed by a CN. Our current enclosure and CN is blowing mi Omegas and Luis away. Good luck with your adventure.