View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 10:44 AM

Default Just completed Esoteric digital front end

What you all may interested to know is the effect of G1 master clock
Vs PS1 power supply.

The G1 clock made overall sound more beautiful, more details especially in the mid, mainly more ambience.The BNC cable and power cord were very important to the final sound. So much that it better be use K1X alone than pairing with G1 using poor choice of cables on the G1.

The effect of PS1 was not as I have hoped or expected to hear at all.
I was hoping for a more details, lower noise floor, a silkier presentation, in a word I expect the same tonality in a more expensive way, similar to upgrading Transparent cable level.
But adding PS1, which require one extra power cord, turned out to be all about bass performance. It was like adding a well calibrated subwoofers. Bass drive, bass depth and bass clarity were improved ten folds. So much that I had to rebalance system tonality by changing power cords in some places . High was more extended too and silkier , but bass improvement took the center stage, other aspects became less noticeable. Without PS1 bass was more invisible, with PS1 I was more aware of the existence of four 12” woofers in my Magico. The improvement by PS1 in other area was clearly heard on music that had less bass , now midrange will show extra dense and weighty presentation, high extended more and trailed longer .
What difficult was that it required 3 power cords for these Esoteric and it was not as simple as using the same cords for all three. I tried Siltech 880P for all but that didn’t work well for me. So I had to mixed and tuned to my preference using available cords. It was tired ,fun And perhaps stressful at some point.
K1X alone worked well, no need to feel sorry to use it as it is. G1+all cables involved made huge improvements
At huge expense.
PS1 will make you hear bass like never before, I mean out of K1X, but it can be too much.
On rare occasions, switch of clock was better(too much glare in the mid) and so did PS1, on rare occasions I preferred not to use it (too much or too thick bass)

Toga

Last edited by TOGA; 01-21-2022 at 12:04 PM.