View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 03:55 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Thanks, Puma. I agree, and i have both a B&W DB3D (mated with my 805s) and a REL T7 (mated with B&W CM-1s). I love both.

The DB3D mates perfectly almost instantly with B&W speakers, with the only manual adjustment being volume. They've really made it easy.

Wilson's advice on crossover and slope was not optimal, but it was close enough that I could get very good sound with a bit of experimentation up and down. But those last few steps to nirvana--with adjustments across multiple parameters--were more than I could do myself in the time I had during the demo.
Ha! Yep, I hear ya. Getting the adjustment right across multiple parameters can be challenging.

This is why I did a DOE (Design of Experiments) using a NIST-traceable calibrated mic to integrate my REL to my system.

Nothin' like havin' an R-Square, R-Square Adj., F-statistic and p-value to know I'm heading in the right direction.

Interesting response surface at 155 Hz with respect to the Sub XO*Sub Gain interaction.

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-07-2021 at 03:58 PM.