View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 01:24 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Several days at home with the demo TuneTots--they sound just beautiful, and I prefer them to the 805s on almost every dimension. The only drawback was that the integration with my subwoofer is not yet as good as the pretty much instantaneous marriage available within the B&W family. But I am confident that my dealer will optimize subwoofer...

When he delivers new TTs in March!

Phase II, hopefully, will be a new TuneTot optimized sub as 2fast suggested above. Wilson did tell me dealer that a new sub is coming, but no other info was available (including whtehr or not it will be part of the TT ecosystem)
Heard nothing but great stuff about the TuneTots. Everyone who has heard them has loved them.

And, you don't need to wait for Wilson to release a sub to very effectively use a sub in your system, you can use another sub, e.g. REL, JL, SVS, or...KEF.

There is almost always more than one way to mediate a transfer function, and the sub is just mediating a transfer function. The sub is just presssurizing the air in the room at the lower octaves, and the air doesn't care how it's pressurized. What the subwoofer solutions do provide end-user control and features with respect to integration of the sub into your 2-channel system. All the good subs do this very well. There is no magic here....just physics.

You might want to check out the KEF 62...it's small, attractive and very affordable. Check out Darko's review here. You'll likely find it completely meets your requirements. Then, you can hang until (or if) Wilson releases a matching sub, then compare.

Darko review here: https://youtu.be/Y2Lc8oOinOY

Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.