View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 06:23 PM

Well, I came here to ask some help towards K-03xd, but I think it's time too to say something about the unit...
Yes, this Esoteric deserves some lines. And some lines of positive aspects...
I'm not a very florist guy regarding sound atributes, I'm more the pragmatic approach... either I like it or I don't.
And this unit, boy, it's a joy to listen. What a big improvement from my previous system. I have made a profound upgrade to my system.
1st, upgraded my Aurender ACS10 to N20. Then my cd transport, a Metronome LePlayer 2S, and the DAC, a Lampizator Amber3, both for the K-03xd. Some reasons behind... 1st I needed a SACD player, so I thought just upgrading the Metronome for a more complete transport and maintaining my DAC. But, by chance, and because I always had a special desire to listen an Esoteric, chance was an K-03xd was available to listen. It blended so well in my system, Sonus Faber Serafino powered by a DartZeel CTH-8550 MkII, that I start to think to upgrade both, the transport and the DAC.
Of course I realised a DSD512 incompatibility, but as I have just 8 albums of such definition, why not go ahead?
Can't be more happy with my decision, and I do believe that sooner than later, as Aurender is talking to Esoteric to understand it, the issue will be solved.

I can only recommend to try and listen to this Esoteric K-03xd, but bear in mind, odds are you get hooked...