View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 09:22 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Well, I've been running the Constellation Inspiration integrated amp continually except for occasional power-down intervals to help form the caps. I'll have 150 hours on it by tomorrow (I'm tracking the hours in a spreadsheet).

With about 10X the no. of hours on it from my last post, it has really opened up more and more, and is much more spacious, from side to side, top to bottom, and front to back. It's also become more notably more open, refined, with improvements in resolution, detail, tonal weight and density, and textural refinement. The more hours it gets, the better it sounds. I am REALLY impressed with this integrated.

The night before last, I put it onto HRS Nimbus spacers and couplers, and woot! Notably improved articulation, finer resolution of layering, and microdetail. The music became more "fully present" in the room. NOT subtle.

Same level of improvement (dejá vu, all over again?) when I put the Holo May KTE DAC on it's own set of HRS Nimbus spacers and couplers. The Holo May KTE is getting, better, too, BTW.

That HRS stuff of Mike's really works.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.