View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
I don't see a definitive upgrade by replacing one of the power cords. There are three power cords in series with a power conditioner and another wall outlet. Any cord you replace will be a mix and match with the other two. If you want a significant upgrade then make one contiguous run of power cord - one cord with no connections in between. That's my best advice. The best method to protect your system is to install a whole house surge system at the main electrical panel. Then you don't need any power conditioner for protection. Of the cords you have the Acrolink is probably the most pure in sound quality but it has limited gauge which is a disadvantage for a high current application especially given the fact that the cable is very long in length. That's my best advice for this situation.
Noted with thanks. But actually for any ceiling mount projector, this long power feed cannot be avoided, it has to be a long cord in the ceiling any way. Current draw from 300watt projector at 220V is rather small. I believe in most installation, the in-wall power cord is may be 2.5sqmm at best.
But I have an idea, I have many Shunyata in my 2 channel system, I can take one out and try with projector to see what it can do to picture quality.
Sorry for slightly off topics.

Toga