View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
This is how it is connected. The 15m cord is a very good quality cable (Acoustic Revive Powermax 5000) The one feeding power conditioner is Transparent Audio and the short one feeding projector Is Acrolink 4030-II , which is also a very good quality power cord. So I understand that the Shunyata HC you recommended is to replace Transparent Audio that feed Power Conditioner. I use p'con because it output pure and constant 220v 50hz out, I want to keep proj safe from voltage variation. I hope this is still closely related to the original post. Thank you.
I don't see a definitive upgrade by replacing one of the power cords. There are three power cords in series with a power conditioner and another wall outlet. Any cord you replace will be a mix and match with the other two. If you want a significant upgrade then make one contiguous run of power cord - one cord with no connections in between. That's my best advice.

The best method to protect your system is to install a whole house surge system at the main electrical panel. Then you don't need any power conditioner for protection.

Of the cords you have the Acrolink is probably the most pure in sound quality but it has limited gauge which is a disadvantage for a high current application especially given the fact that the cable is very long in length.

That's my best advice for this situation.